I have busy days where I take notes to remind me of things to do, names of places, things or persons etc. I occasionally scribble it in a piece of paper whenever I can find one. However, nowadays all those note taking are done on my mobile phone. I used to put all my notes in the built in notes app of my cellphone but there was a time when I have to reformat my mobile phone and all my notes have to be copied manually so that it will not be lost.
I used Evernote for quiet some time now. I do not use the default note taking app of my mobile phone anymore. Here are the things that I like about Evernote:
- Evernote is free (Premium plans have more features).
- It is available on all platforms (iOS,Android,Windows,Mac,BB).
- It syncs all your notes to all your devices.
- It not only takes notes, you can post photos, music, pdf and others to your Evernote.
- It integrates in your menu bar for quick access.
- Notes can be accessed off line.
- Web sign in option, using a browser to access your notes.
So now, all my notes are sync in all my devices (internet connection needed). I take notes,photos,etc in my mobile phone and it automatically goes to the cloud and boom, I can now see it in my laptop and all my other devices.
I have several “notebooks” in Evernote to keep my notes organized. I do not worry anymore where I kept that piece of information because I know that it is all in my Evernote.
So if you are still using your built in note taking app in your device, I suggest you stop using it and start using Evernote.
- Using the Cloud for personal productivity with Evernote (cloudave.com)